Selection for Diversity Visa Lottery (Pre DV Interview Instructions)
If you have been selected for the DV (Diversity Visa) Lottery, please refer to the documents below for instructions on how to prepare for your DV interview.
Pre DV Interview Instructions (In Burmese 59KB PDF)
We have received your case file from the Kentucky Consular Center, who scheduled you for an interview at the Embassy. Please plan to attend on your interview date. Please follow the instructions below and bring the requested documents to your scheduled interview appointment.
- Forms: Additional Form and DS-260 Confirmation page
- Passport(s): Original and one (1) photocopy. The passport should be valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States.
- Photographs:Two 2 x 2 inches on a white background, no older than 6 months, no eyeglasses. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements.
- Birth Certificate:Original Burmese birth certificate and original notarized translation, plus one copy of each document. If you do not have a birth certificate, click here for more information.
Note: Please be advised that this is the most common mistake applicants make! Most applicants do not have a birth certificate. If do you not have a birth certificate,
you must go to the public health department in your township of birth to request a duplicate. If you never received a birth certificate and you are older than 10 years of age, you must go to the Department of Public Health in your township of birth to request an official letter verifying that they have no record of your birth. The letter must be accompanied by a copy of your NRC with a notarized English translation.
Do not obtain the health letter from a relative, visa agent, midwife, or hospital. Submitting unofficial documents are not acceptable and will delay your immigrant visa. Submitting fraudulent documents may be cause for the revocation of your petition.
- Marriage/Divorce/Death:Original certificates and notarized translation, plus one photocopy of each document. If you do not have marriage/divorce/death certificate required, click here for more information.
- Education or work experience:The principal applicant must prove that they completed high school education or have two years of work experience in the last five years in an occupation which (by U.S. Department of Labor definition) requires at least two years of training or experience. More info about job requirement can be found at https://www.onetonline.org. Original and notarized translation, plus one copy of each document
- Police Certificate:Updated original police certificates and a notarized English translation. Police certificates must be obtained from Burmese township police station of your primary residence where you have resided for six months or more past the age of 16, and all other countries you have resided for over one year.
- Court Records:If applicable, original Burmese and notarized translation plus copy of each document
Only after receiving the interview appointment from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. Please contact the following clinic to schedule your examination:
Samitivej International Co. Ltd.
No: 9E/2, Kabar Aye Pagoda Road, Mayangone Township, Yangon
phone numbers: (+951) 656732/ (+951) 660545
HP: (+959) 253686320/ (+959) 30508263
You will not be allowed to enter the Embassy for your interview unless you have your medical examination results with you on the day of your interview.
*If you have any questions regarding your DV visa application, please contact the Consular Section via email at: IVRangoon@state.gov
Policy for Personal Electronic Device Access to Embassy
Consular section visa applicants are not permitted to bring personal electronic devices (PEDs) or liquids onto the Embassy compound.
PEDs include computers, laptops, radios, cell phones, smart phones, MP3 players, iPads and other tablet devices, handheld gaming devices, smart watches, and wearable electronic fitness devices.
Water fountains are available in the consular section waiting room.
The Interview Day
Step 1: Complete the steps on the following website. The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) will review your completed DS-260 and they will send you an email regarding the interview date.
Step 2: Follow the instructions in the KCC email to view the date and time of your interview.
Print this information about your interview and bring it with you to your interview.
Your completed Form DS-260 will be accessible by the U.S. Embassy Rangoon where you will be interviewed. You do not need to fill out a new application.
Step 3: Arrive 15 minutes prior to your interview time, as you will not be allowed onto the embassy compound earlier than that time.
Step 4: At the end of the interview, the consular officer will inform you whether the visa application is approved or denied. In some cases, the consular officer may request additional documents required for further processing. The case status will be considered “pending the receipt of these documents.”
For more information on the Interview Process, please see the Department of State website.