Renew a Passport for an Adult

Returning to the United States on an Expired U.S. Passport

If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until June 30, 2022.  See this page for more information.

Adult Passport Application DS-82 (PDF 84 KB)

Minor Passport Application DS-11 (PDF 98 KB)

The Consular Office accepts U.S. dollars cash only. Credit cards, personal checks and other currencies are not accepted.

Photographs: Two unfiltered (2) photographs, 2 x 2 inches. The photos must be in color with a white colored background and taken within 6 months. Please do not wear eye glasses in your photo.

All applicants outside of the United States should submit their passport renewal application at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If your passport has expired, or is about to expire, you must get a new one. You can renew your passport even if it has not expired, but has run out of pages.

All passport applications in non-emergency cases must be submitted by appointment only.  Appointments are available Mondays and Wednesdays, between 1:30 and 3:00 p.m. and can be made online at the Embassy’s ACS Online Appointment System.  Follow the directions outlined on the Department of State website and submit all forms in person.

Adult passport renewals can be submitted by someone acting on the applicant’s behalf with a signed letter of authorization from the applicant and a completed, signed application form.



The Consular Office accepts U.S. dollars cash only.  Credit cards, personal check and other currencies are not accepted.  Please see the Department of State website for full fee schedule.

Expedited processing is not available for passports when you apply from outside the United States. All passports requested from overseas are printed in the U.S. and then sent to your embassy or consulate. This takes roughly two to three weeks.

If your passport has been lost or stolen please contact us for an emergency passport.