Request an Emergency Passport

The Consular Office accepts U.S. dollars cash only. Credit cards, personal checks and other currencies are not accepted.

If you need to replace a lost, stolen, or expired passport for imminent or urgent travel, contact the Consular Section directly during business hours (see info below), before coming to the Embassy. For assistance after normal business hours contact the Duty Officer. If you have been a victim of a crime report your lost or stolen passport to the police station nearest the incident. Request a copy of the police report for submission with your application for a new passport.

All emergency passports applications should be submitted in person and are valid for one year. Please be aware that in most cases, except for serious emergencies, you will need to submit your application during American Citizen Services Hours (1:30-3:00pm), and the emergency passport will be issued the next business day.

For non-urgent cases please click here for instructions to renew your passport.

  • Evidence of U.S. Citizenship (current passport, or birth certificate if this is the minor’s first passport)
  • Photo Identification (driver’s license, expired passport, etc.)
  • Travel Itinerary
  • Police Report (if available)
  • Passport Photo (one 2 X 2 inch photo on a white background is required
  • Application Form (DS82 if in possession of valid passport or DS11 for lost or stolen passport). Blank copies of this form are available at time of application.

    Effective April 2, 2018, the passport execution fee will increase from $25 to $35.  The $10 execution fee increase applies to U.S. passport applicants using the DS-11 form including: first-time applicants over age 16, children under age 16, and applicants who reapply after reporting their previous passport lost or stolen. The $10 fee increase does not apply to adults eligible to renew their passport using the DS-82 form.

    The Department of State published a Final Rule confirming this fee change on January 31, 2018.

    For questions, please contact us at

  • DS-64 Statement Regarding a Lost or Stolen Passport (PDF 52 KB) (may be completed at time of application)
  • Non-refundable fee in US dollars cash. Please click here for fee schedule.