Child and Family Matters

This section discusses Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA), adoption, and child abduction issues.

For CRBA and first-time passport applications, the name of the applicant should match their birth document(s). Material changes to the applicant’s name must be supported by an amended document or other name change evidence.  An affidavit from the parents is not sufficient to establish a material name change.