Message for U.S. Citizens
Town Hall Meeting for U.S. Citizens
Wednesday, October 07, 2015, 5:30-7:00pm
Jefferson Center, Mandalay
All U.S. citizens living in or around Mandalay are welcome to attend a Town Hall Meeting at the Jefferson Center in Mandalay on Wednesday, October 07, 2015, from 5:30pm to 7:00 p.m. Deputy Chief of Mission, Ms. Kristen Bauer, will present an overview of recent developments in bilateral relations, including topics related to the upcoming elections. If you have any specific questions or issues that you would like addressed, please let us know.
If you would like to attend the event, please RSVP with your name, passport number, and your place of residence in Burma to:ConsularRangoon@state.gov. Attendance is strictly limited to the first forty persons who RSVP. The deadline for RSVP’s is 5pm, Monday, October 05, 2015, or when the forty person limit is reached, whenever is soonest.
The event will start at 5:30pm sharp. Please allow time for security screening. Please bring your U.S. passport for entry into the Jefferson Center. Note that large bags or back packs, cell phones, computers, cameras, or electronic items will not be allowed inside the Jefferson Center. The Jefferson Center is located at 53, Corner of 26th Street & 71th Street, Chan Aye Thar San Township, Mandalay.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Burma Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon, located at 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, at +95-01-536-509, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +95 09-51-24330, or +95 01-500-547.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.