In response to recent armed clashes between the Tatmadaw and the Arakan Army in northern Rakhine State, the U.S. Embassy has made the following recommendations for Embassy personnel and their family members.
As of now, all Rakhine townships north of Sittwe and Pauktaw townships are off limits for personal travel by U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members. Specifically, the following areas are now off limits to U.S. Embassy personnel and their family members for personal travel:
- Shadaw Township, Kayah State
- Kyaukme Township, Shan State
- Mrauk-U Township, Rakhine State
- Rathedaung Township, Rakhine State
- Kyuaktaw Township, Rakhine State
An update to our Travel Advisory for Burma on www.travel.state.gov is forthcoming.