U.S. Ambassador Scot Marciel is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2020-2021 Ambassador’s Youth Council. Through this council, the Ambassador will directly engage Myanmar youth and future leaders. The Ambassador hopes to cultivate young leaders from around the country, engage Myanmar youth on topics of interest to young people, and receive input on U.S. Embassy policies in Myanmar.
The U.S. Embassy is recruiting up to 5 additional members to serve a one-year volunteer term on the Council.
Under the guidance of the Public Affairs Officer, the selected youth council will participate in the following activities:
- Meet once every six months with the Ambassador to discuss youth and policy issues. Create presentations as needed on topics of relevance.
- Conduct community/youth outreach events once every two months.
- Assist in organizing Embassy events as appropriate (e.g. International Youth Day, YSEALI events, Embassy/ visits to various locations in Myanmar etc.)
- Myanmar nationals between the ages of 18 and 35 who are alumni of U.S. Government exchange programs or members of YSEALI: Young Southeast Asian Leadership Initiative program residing in Taunggyi, Myitkyina, Hakha, Sittwe or Mandalay. If you are not a member of YSEALI, sign up on our website: https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership, 90% of participation in the Council’s activities is required.
- Commitment to serving a one-year volunteer term on the Council and to organizing activities in your city and region.
- Intermediate level in English.
Application Deadline: March 1, 2020.
Please submit ONLY soft copies of the application to: RangoonUSECA@state.gov
For further inquiry: Please contact Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, American Embassy, 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Ph: 7536509/7505113 Ext: 4381