U.S. Ambassador Scot Marciel is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2019-2020 Ambassador’s Youth Council. Through this council, the Ambassador will directly engage Myanmar youth and future leaders. The Ambassador hopes to cultivate young leaders from around the country, engage Myanmar youth on topics of interest to young people, and receive input on U.S. Embassy policies in Myanmar.
The U.S. Embassy is recruiting up to 10 additional members to serve a two-year volunteer term on the Council.
Under the guidance of the Public Affairs Officer, the selected youth council will participate in the following activities:
- Meet once every two months with the Ambassador to discuss youth and policy issues. Create presentations as needed on topics of relevance.
- Conduct quarterly community/youth outreach events.
- Assist in organizing Embassy events as appropriate (e.g. International Youth Day, YSEALI events, etc.)
- Myanmar nationals between the ages of 20 and 30 who are also members of YSEALI: Young Southeast Asian Leadership Initiative. If you are not a member of YSEALI, sign up on our website: https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership, 80% of participation is required.
- Commitment to serving a 2-year volunteer term on the Council and to attending all activities.
- Strong English-language skills.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019.
Please submit ONLY soft copies of the application to: RangoonUSECA@state.gov
For further inquiry: Please contact Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, American Embassy, 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, Yangon, Ph: 536509/505113 Ext: 4381