MISSION-DRIVEN ALUMNI OUTREACH (MDAO) SMALL GRANT COMPETITION– CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Funding Amount: Maximum of $20,000
Deadline for Applications: November 4, 2019
The Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy – Rangoon is pleased to announce the FY 2020 Mission-Driven Alumni Outreach (MDAO) Small Grant Competition. The MDAO Small Grant Competition offers alumni of U.S. Government-sponsored exchange programs the opportunity to propose innovative projects that address U.S. foreign policy goals and support Mission strategic objectives. All submitted projects must address one of the three themes below:
- Voter education: projects promote opportunity to educate voters, particularly for under-represented or marginalized groups.
- Freedom of Expression: projects promote civic knowledge and the acquisition of skills and values that support the active, responsible, informed and thoughtful exercise of freedoms in a democracy
- Empowering Women and Girls to Participate in Governance: projects enhance or support empowerment of women and girls in civil society, government, the economy, education, and sports.
U.S. Alumni are invited to submit project proposals and request up to $20,000 to implement them. All proposals must be submitted by November 4, 2019.
Possible Type of Activities
- Support for Alumni Association
- Community Service Project
- Awareness Campaign
- Alumni Network Building
- Training/Seminar for- by Alumni, etc….
The role of the grantee will be the following:
- Organize logistics, present information and host events
- The award amount is inclusive of venue, travel, speaker, media, refreshment or any other fees. No funding above or beyond the $20,000 award ceiling will be considered.
Guidelines and Eligibility Information
- This competition is open ONLY to alumni of U.S. exchange programs.
Application submission Information
Proposals should be submitted to the Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy – Rangoon, RangoonUSECA@state.gov.