May 27, 2021
THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN RANGOON IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE AMERICAN LIAISON NETWORK AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN BURMA. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.
This week, Burmese authorities announced that all international air travelers, both Burmese citizens and foreign nationals, must book their tickets at least 10 days in advance of the flight. Airlines and travel agents have already begun implementing this new rule.
The Singapore Ministry of Health announced that beginning this Saturday, May 29, all passengers entering or transiting through Singapore from countries of high-risk for COVID-19, which includes Burma, must have a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken within 72 hours of boarding. The negative PCR test result must be presented in order to board and also when arriving in Singapore. Even though a negative COVID-19 antigen test result is accepted by the CDC for entry into the United States, antigen results are not acceptable for entry or transit through Singapore. For passengers departing Burma on Singapore Airlines flights, please take note and plan accordingly. For a list of COVID-19 testing sites, including sites that offer PCR tests, please visit our COVID-19 website.
The Consular Section of U.S. Embassy Rangoon remains open and is providing routine and emergency American citizen services. Please visit our website to schedule an appointment to renew your passport, register your child’s birth abroad, or for notary services.
For information and assistance:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Burma, located at 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, Rangoon, at (+95) 1-753-6509 or at ACSRangoon@state.gov.
- Visit our website.
- Refer to the Burma Country Specific Information.
- Review the Department of State Travel Advisory for Burma.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- If you are in the United States, call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free or 1-202-501-4444 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.