Message for U.S. Citizens
Town Hall Meeting for U.S. Citizens
Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 5:30-7:30pm
U.S. Embassy Rangoon
Due to the demand for the September Town Hall, there will be a repeat Town Hall meeting on October 14, 2015. All U.S. citizens living in Burma are welcome to attend the October Town Hall meeting at the U.S. Embassy on Wednesday, October 14, 2015, from 5:30pm to 7:30 p.m. This is particularly for those who did not attend the Town Hall in September. The same information will be covered. Ambassador Derek Mitchell will present an overview of recent developments in United States – Burma bilateral relations, including topics related to the 2015 Burmese elections. U.S. citizens will also have an opportunity to meet the new Deputy Chief of Mission, Ms. Kristen Bauer. If you have any specific questions or issues that you would like addressed, please let us know.
If you would like to attend the event, please RSVP with your name, passport number, and your place of residence in Burma to:ConsularRangoon@state.gov. Attendance is strictly limited to the first ninety persons who RSVP. The deadline for RSVP’s is 5pm, Sunday, October 11, 2015, or when the ninety person limit is reached, whenever is soonest.
The event will start at 5:30pm sharp. Visitors should plan to arrive no later than 5:00pm for security screening. Please bring your U.S. passport for entry into the Embassy. Note that large bags or back packs, cell phones, computers, cameras, memory sticks, or other electronic items will not be allowed inside the Embassy.
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Burma Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Rangoon, located at 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, at +95-01-536-509, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +95 09-51-24330, or +95 01-500-547.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.