Event: The Ministry of Health and Sports has confirmed ten cases of COVID-19 in Burma.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Starting March 30, 2020 at 11:59 P.M., the Burmese government will no longer allow international commercial passenger flights to land at any airport in Burma. This suspension will last until April 13, 2020. All landing permissions previously granted are suspended. Exceptions apply to “relief flights, all-cargo flights, medical evacuation flights and special flights specifically approved by the Department of Civil Aviation.”
The U.S. Embassy is collecting information about U.S. citizens who wish to depart Burma but are unable to do so. If you are a U.S. citizen who seeks to depart but cannot do so due to flight availability, please fill out this link and submit one form per traveler. We will use this information to accurately assess the need for evacuation flights.
Actions to Take:
- If you are a U.S. citizen who seeks to depart but cannot do so due to flight availability, please fill out this link and submit one form per traveler.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Myanmar.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
110 University Ave
Kamayut Township, Rangoon, Burma
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter.