Event: There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in Burma.
The government of Burma has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Starting 12:00 A.M. on March 21, 2020, all travelers arriving to Burma who were in the United States or transited the United States in the last 14 days are required to quarantine for 14 days in a Burmese government hospital. Visit the Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for a full list of entry/exit restrictions.
Burma has suspended the e-visa and visa-on-arrival programs.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure, from any diplomatic or consular post, including U.S. Embassy Rangoon, of US personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at a higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consider returning to your country of residence immediately using whatever commercial means are available.
- Have a travel plan that does not rely on the U.S. Government for assistance.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burma.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
110 University Ave
Kamayut Township, Rangoon, Burma
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter.