31 January 2020
Event: The Department of State updated the travel advisory for China to Level 4: Do Not Travel. On January 30, the World Health Organization has determined the rapidly spreading outbreak constitutes a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Commercial carriers have reduced or suspended routes to and from China.
For more information visit the CDC page on Novel Coronavirus in China and the CDC Travelers Health Page for travelers to Myanmar.
Actions to Take:
- Do not travel to China due to novel coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, China.
- Those currently in China should consider departing using commercial means. The Department of State has requested that all non-essential U.S. government personnel defer travel to China in light of the novel coronavirus.
- U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burma Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.