The U.S. Embassy in Yangon is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to attract the highest caliber and best qualified staff. We offer competitive salaries and a very attractive benefits package, as well as a dynamic working environment. A summary of the primary benefits and allowances for locally employed staff can be found at this link (PDF 22KB).
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please closely review the job requirements and submit your application documents via email to HRORangoon@state.gov. Please do not attach personal photos nor copies of certificates to avoid complications with file size. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted after the closing date. Thank you for your interest.
What to submit:
- Application for Employment: Form DS-174 (PDF 196KB)(required)
- Your DS-174 form must explain how you meet all of the requirements of the vacant position.
- Candidates who submit resumes in lieu of Form DS-174 will not be considered.
- Proof of Myanmar residency or visa (required for non-Myanmar citizens)
- A chart showing language score equivalencies can be found here. English test results are not required. Those who are short-listed will be called for English testing at the Embassy if necessary.
U.S. Embassy Yangon Opportunities
- Vacancy Announcement: Registered Nurse (PDF 706KB) – Closing Date: Until Filled
U.S. Embassy Yangon is rolling out an online application system called Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) on August 6, 2018.
For job vacancies announced prior to August 6, 2018 and all USAID openings, please complete and submit the DS-174 form by emailing HRORangoon@state.gov.
Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Rangoon. To view a current list of all available positions, please visit this page: Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA). All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Here are some additional resources that may be helpful: