YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development
The U.S. Embassy Yangon is pleased to announce the opportunity to compete for the 2018 YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development.
WHAT: The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development will provide Fellows with an overview of entrepreneurial approaches that are employed to address social issues. The fellowship on Social Entrepreneurship and Economic Development will consist of a series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. Educational travel, site visits, and volunteer opportunities will complement the coursework and classroom activities. Topics may include, but are not limited to, trade; investment; financial literacy; banking; microfinance; organizational development and management; grant writing; innovation; emerging markets and risk analysis; strategic business planning; corporate social responsibility; and, women and minorities in entrepreneurship.
WHERE AND WHEN: University of Connecticut (from March 17, 2018 – April 20, 2018) and Arizona State University (from March 25, 2018- April 29, 2018).
WHO: A full-time undergraduate student from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or have graduated in the past four years. All candidates must have a strong interest in related topic but can come from any field of study.
An applicant must:
- Be a Myanmar citizen
- Be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- Have a strong interest in ASEAN-related issues;
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in respective areas;
- Leadership qualities and commitment to community;
- Have approval from your current employer or university to take a leave of absence;
- Be currently living and working in his/her home country;
- Be committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program and
- Be willing to join the broader YSEALI network.
A complete application includes:
- Completed, signed application form
- A personal essay
- High school completion certificate that shows your marks (scores)
- University transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
The application submission period is OVER.
For more information, please contact the Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, American Embassy, 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, Yangon; Ph: 7536509/7505113
, Ext: 4381; email: RangoonUSECA@state.gov.
Sign up to be a YSEALI Member on our website: https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/