YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues
The U.S. Embassy Yangon is pleased to announce the opportunity to compete for the 2018 YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues.
WHAT: The YSEALI Academic Fellowship on Environmental Issues will explore the role that environmental policy has played in the economic and political development of the United States. The fellowship will explore natural resource management, sustainable development/sustainable agricultural practices, food security, ecotourism, energy generation (new and traditional forms), and water management and treatment. Educational travel, site visits, and volunteer opportunities will complement the classroom activities.
WHERE AND WHEN: East-West Center (from March 14, 2018- April 18, 2018).
WHO: A full-time undergraduate student from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or have graduated in the past four years. All candidates must have a strong interest in related topic but can come from any field of study.
An applicant must:
- Be a Myanmar citizen
- Be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- Have a strong interest in ASEAN-related issues;
- Proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English;
- Demonstrate interest, knowledge, or professional experience in respective areas;
- Leadership qualities and commitment to community;
- Have approval from your current employer or university to take a leave of absence;
- Be currently living and working in his/her home country;
- Be committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program and
- Be willing to join the broader YSEALI network.
A complete application includes:
- Completed, signed application form
- A personal essay
- High school completion certificate that shows your marks (scores)
- University transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
The application submission period is OVER.
For more information, please contact the Cultural Affairs Unit, Public Affairs Section, American Embassy, 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, Yangon; Ph: 536509/505113, Ext: 4381; email: RangoonUSECA@state.gov.
Sign up to be a YSEALI Member on our website: https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/