Inform * Innovate * Inspire
American Center Yangon (ACY) is a place where you can learn about the United States, explore new technologies, enhance your English language skills, and participate in open dialogue on many topics.
Admission is free! American Center Yangon is open to the public, Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm, with extended hours for English classes, iPace workshops, and frequent special events. The Center is also closed on U.S. and Myanmar holidays.
Become a member! As an ACY member, you will receive a membership card that entitles you to wi-fi, and open computer lab access. You can borrow books and DVDs, use tablets, and access online research databases. A one-year membership is currently only 5,000 kyat and is open to all persons 16 years of age or older.
Activities and resources include:
- Internet: Available any time for ACY members and to the general public during workshops and special events.
- Library resources: The Library collection numbers over 12,000 books, magazines, DVDs (documentaries and commercial films), music CDs, and digital resources. The Library manages a Book Locker program to lend small collections to other libraries, community centers, and educational institutions in the country.
- English language courses: The English Language Program offers classes from beginner to advanced levels in 7-week terms.
- Civic education programs: The Institute for Political and Civic Engagement (iPACE) offers courses on civic engagement for democracy activists from civil society organizations and political parties.
- EducationUSA: Free advising services are available to students interested in study in the United States – through appointments and regular information sessions. For more information, check: Facebook.com/educationusaburma.
- Youth Clubs: The Center hosts interest groups and clubs, including a Young Women’s Discussion Group, Book Club, Debate Club, and more. Follow us on Facebook or stop by the Library for information on joining a club.
- Special Events: Tech Talks, MakerCorner, Youth Forum, U.S. speakers, cultural events, and more!
Partner With Us
American Center Yangon and Jefferson Center Mandalay are free and open to the public. We welcome your ideas for programs that expand connections and understanding between the United States and Myanmar. Do you have an idea for an event that you would like to see at one of our Centers? Would you like to partner with us on a program?
If so, read about how to submit a proposal here. Our team will review your proposal and get in touch.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Saturday, 9 am to 4 pm*
*Classes, workshops, and frequent special events – extended hours, as announced
Closed Sundays and on U.S. and Myanmar holidays
NOTE: Please remember to bring your photo ID for entrance to American Center Yangon. Smart phones and tablets are allowed, but you may not bring in laptops, cameras, metal boxes, or other equipment, and NO storage is available. Thank you for your cooperation!