Event: There are reports of a possible peaceful protest in front of U.S. Embassy Rangoon on December 28, 2022, at approximately 1000 hours.
All are reminded to travel cautiously in Yangon and maintain a heightened situational awareness. If you observe something suspicious or dangerous, move away and report it to law enforcement as soon as it safe to do so.
Actions to Take:
- Regularly monitor local and international news and social media news channels.
- Ensure travel documents are valid and easily accessible.
- Review your personal security plans and always have a contingency plan in place that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Get a COVID vaccine to facilitate your travel.
- Please see information on What the Department of State Can and Can’t Do in a Crisis.