Please read our earlier alert announcing a repatriation flight for U.S. citizens on April 6, 2020 departing Yangon at 12:30 PM and arriving to San Francisco at 8:15 PM on April 6.
Emails Over the Weekend: Our staff worked all day today contacting passengers. The plane is not yet full. We will continue to work tomorrow, using the priority standards outlined below, to confirm seats for individual passengers and finalize our repatriation flight manifest.
Please ensure you are checking your email often tomorrow – we are sending specific, time-sensitive instructions to those who are being offered confirmed seats. We will continue sending these emails with instructions until the plane is at capacity. We expect this confirmation process to continue through Sunday, April 5. So if you haven’t received an email with instructions yet, please continue standing by and monitoring your email.
Prioritization: Demand for seats appears to exceed the plane’s capacity. Priority will be given to the following passengers:
1) U.S. citizens at higher risk from COVID-19, along with their immediate family members.
2) U.S. citizen minors and their U.S. citizen parent(s)/legal guardian(s) or one foreign national parent/legal guardian or escort.
3) All other U.S. citizens on a first-come, first-served basis based on when your interest form was submitted online.
Seat Confirmation: For those who are confirmed as having a seat on the plane, you will receive an email tomorrow morning confirming your seat. You will also receive another email tomorrow afternoon giving you full instructions for what to do on Monday, April 6.
Upon entry in the United States, passengers on this flight may be subject to U.S. CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements and existing Department of Homeland Security entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- · Please monitor your email regularly, and expeditiously read all emails you receive from the Embassy carefully and follow instructions.
- · U.S. citizens who want to join the repatriation flight should fill out this link and submit one form per traveler.
- · Also consider utilizing a commercial “relief flight” option, transiting Doha, Seoul or Tokyo to return to the U.S.
- · Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- · For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- · Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- · Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burma.
- · Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- · Read information for U.S. citizens about a U.S. government-assisted evacuation.
- · Read what the Department of State can and can’t do in a crisis.
U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
110 University Ave
Kamayut Township, Rangoon, Burma
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter.