Alert – U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma (4 April 2020)
Please read our earlier alert announcing a repatriation flight for U.S. citizens on April 6, 2020 departing Yangon at 12:30 PM and arriving to San Francisco at 8:15 PM on April 6.
Emails Over the Weekend: Our staff are working through the weekend, using the priority standards outlined below, to confirm seats for individual passengers and finalize our repatriation flight manifest.
Please ensure you are checking your email often over the weekend – we are sending specific time-sensitive instructions to those who are being offered confirmed seats. We will continue sending these emails with instructions until the plane is at capacity. We expect this confirmation process to continue through Sunday, April 5. So if you haven’t received an email with instructions yet, please continue standing by and monitoring your email.
2nd Flight: We emphasize, there are no concrete plans for a second repatriation flight. Depending on demand for the current flight, we will explore the possibility of a second flight after this flight departs.
Prioritization: If demand for seats on the repatriation flight exceeds the plane’s capacity, priority will be given to the following passengers:
1) U.S. citizens at higher risk from COVID-19, along with their immediate family members.
2) U.S. citizen minors and their U.S. citizen parent(s)/legal guardian(s) or one foreign national parent/legal guardian or escort.
3) All other U.S. citizens on a first-come, first-served basis based on when your interest form was submitted online.
Upon entry in the United States, passengers on this flight may be subject to U.S. CDC screening, health observation, monitoring requirements and existing Department of Homeland Security entry requirements. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
Actions to Take:
- · Please monitor your email regularly, and expeditiously read all emails you receive from the Embassy carefully and follow instructions.
- · U.S. citizens who want to join the repatriation flight should fill out this link and submit one form per traveler.
- · Also, consider utilizing a commercial “relief flight” option, transiting Seoul or Tokyo to return to the U.S.
- · Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- · For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see theCDC’s latest recommendations.
- · Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- · Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burma.
- · Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- · Read information for U.S. citizens about a U.S. government-assisted evacuation.
- · Read what the Department of State can and can’t do in a crisis.
U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
110 University Ave
Kamayut Township, Rangoon, Burma
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter.