Alert – U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma (2 April 2020)
The U.S. Embassy is actively pursuing options for U.S. citizens to return to the United States. In the last 24 hours several commercial “relief flight” options became available. These include:
- Myanmar Airways International (MAI) is offering flights from Yangon to Seoul on April 7, 9, and 11.
- Korean Air is offering flights from Yangon to Seoul on April 10.
- All Nippon Airways (ANA) is offering flights from Yangon to Tokyo on April 4-5, and 8-10.
Seoul and Tokyo are viable transit options for return to the United States. If availability exists on the above-mentioned flights we strongly encourage you to consider purchasing tickets.
At the same time, the U.S. Embassy is continuing to attempt to coordinate a repatriation flight for U.S. citizens. Please read our alert sent yesterday for detailed information on a repatriation flight for U.S. citizens.
If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to join this flight, please fill out this link (http://tinyurl.com/srly386) and submit one form per traveler, even when traveling in a group. We will use this information to accurately prepare for the evacuation flight.
If you have already filled out this form, you do not need to fill it again.
If you have filled out our repatriation flight form, but later change your mind or decide to pursue another return option to the United States, please inform us by sending an email to ACSRangoon@state.gov.
Actions to Take:
- Consider utilizing a commercial “relief flight” option, transiting Seoul or Tokyo to return to the U.S.
- If you are unable to secure a commercial return flight, U.S. citizens who want to join the repatriation flight should fill out this link and submit one form per traveler.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burma.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Read information for U.S. citizens about a U.S. government-assisted evacuation.
- Read what the Department of State can and can’t do in a crisis.
U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
110 University Ave
Kamayut Township, Rangoon, Burma
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
Follow us on Twitter.