February 14, 2021
THE EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN RANGOON IS TRANSMITTING THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION THROUGH THE AMERICAN LIAISON NETWORK AS A PUBLIC SERVICE TO U.S. CITIZENS IN BURMA. PLEASE DISSEMINATE THIS MESSAGE TO ALL U.S. CITIZENS IN YOUR ORGANIZATION OR NEIGHBORHOOD.
There are indications of military movements in Yangon and the possibility of telecommunications interruptions overnight between 1:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. The U.S. Embassy recommends all U.S. citizens shelter-in-place during the 8:00 p.m. to 4:00 a.m. curfew hours.
For information and assistance:
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Burma, located at 110 University Avenue, Kamayut Township, Rangoon, at (+95) 1-753-6509 or at ACSRangoon@state.gov.
- Visit our website.
- Refer to the Burma Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- If you are in the United States, call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free or 1-202-501-4444 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.