March 29, 2019
Event: The Embassy of the United States of America in Rangoon has updated our travel advisory for Burma. Changes from our previous travel advisory include updated advice for the following townships:
Level 4 – Do Not Travel to Minbya, Mrauk-U, and Kyauktaw townships in Rakhine State due to civil unrest and armed conflict.
Level 3 – Reconsider Travel to Matupi township in Chin State and Hseni township in Shan State due to civil unrest.
The full advisory can be found at this link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Burma.html.
- U.S. Embassy Rangoon, Burma
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burma Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.