The U.S. Embassy is accepting project applications for the 2020 Large Grants Program of the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP). The deadline for submitting project abstracts to the U.S. Embassy is December 10, 2019. For abstracts that advance to Round 2, the submission deadline for full project applications is February 14, 2020. Full implementation of the AFCP 2020 program is pending the availability of FY 2020 funds and an approved congressional spend plan.
The AFCP Large Grants Program supports the preservation of major ancient archaeological sites, historic buildings and monuments, and major museum collections that are accessible to the public and protected by law in the host country. Appropriate project activities may include:
- Preventive conservation (addressing conditions that damage or threaten the site)
- Stabilization (reducing the physical disturbance [e.g., settling, collapse] of a site)
- Conservation (addressing damage or deterioration to a collection or sites)
- Consolidation (connecting or reconnecting elements of a site)
- Anastylosis (reassembling a site from its original parts)
- Restoration (replacing missing elements to recreate the original appearance of a site, usually appropriate only with fine arts, decorative arts, and historic buildings)
For more information, please visit Grants.gov.