Funding Amount: Maximum of $25,000
Deadline for Applications: February 14, 2020
Theme: Women, Peace and Security
- Applicants must be alumni of a U.S. government-funded exchange program or a U.S. government-sponsored exchange program
- Proposals must be submitted by teams comprised of a least two (2) alumni of USG sponsored exchange programs. Alumni who are U.S. citizens may be part of the team, however there must be at least two non-U.S. citizen alumni on the project team.
- All project activities must take place outside of the United States and their territories.
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy – Rangoon is pleased to announce the FY 2020 Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) global competition. The 2020 global AEIF competition will provide resources for alumni projects around the world that support the USG priority to advance women’s and girls’ safety and their meaningful participation in peace and security processes.
All submitted projects must address the theme of Women, Peace, and Security. Please submit projects that:
- Strengthen the role of women in peace, security, and governance;
- Engage women as partners in preventing terrorism and countering radicalization and recruitment;
- Promote protection of women and girls from violence, abuse, and exploitation; or,
- Support women’s political, economic, and civic participation.
All U.S. Exchange programs alumni are invited to submit project proposals and can request up to $ 25,000 to implement the successful proposal.
In previous years, alumni submitted proposals directly to the Alumni Affairs Office in Washington. Please note that the process has changed: this year’s proposals need to be submitted to U.S. Embassy Yangon via RangoonUSECA@state.gov
Submission deadline is extended to February 14, 2020.
The Public Affairs section at U.S. Embassy Yangon will choose and submit the top three proposals to the global AEIF 2020 competition.
Final winners will be announced in June 2020.
AEIF proposal requires AEIF application form and AIEF budget form.
- To download AEIF application form, please download here.
- To download AEIF budget form, please download here.
To submit, please send your proposal package to RangoonUSECA@state.gov
Proposal and Budget guidance is available upon request. Please request to RangoonUSECA@state.gov